Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jonathan589 Jonathan589 is offline

Default error: bookmark self-reference

WD2003. I'm no noob but am feeling stupid. Why are the fields in a particular
document showing "Error! Not a valid bookmark self-reference" when they're
refreshed? It's a protected form full of bookmarked places to fill in your
details. The bookmarks seem fine when I show 'em.

I can raise a new form and template and fill it no problem, but when I (or
the user who gave it to me) open this one it shows all the correct filled-in
text until we try to print it, when the fields all turn into that error
message.

I googled the message and got hundreds of hits where that error message was
given instead of the intended text.