PFLY

Default Mail Merge w/ Excel Data

I am trying to make labels with data from an excel file. After I do the
merge, the label is not exactly like the data from excel. For example, on
Excel I have fields with a dollar sign and no decimal places, after the
merge, those fields on word have no dollar sign and 6 decimal places. How do
I format my word labels to look exactly like the data in Excel?
gkbrenne

This is due to the new data format in OLE. This allows you to access data
from any Excel workbook, but doesn't keep the formatting for numbers. My
workaround:
1) Make sure that your data is on the first page of your workbook
2) In Word, go to Tools, Options, and click on the tab "Confirm conversion
on open"
3) Continue with your merge. When you reference your Excel file, you'll
see a box asking you which type of conversion to use. I can't tell you all
the options, but the one you want is DDE - I remember it because it's the
DEAD version of the format.

Your merge should work now.