Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jchilders_98 jchilders_98 is offline

Default My noteref to valid bookmark says "Error! Bookmark not defined."?

I'm trying to setup a cross reference from one endnote to another (where the
other might move). I go to endnote #1, click Insert..Bookmark, add a
bookmark. I can then use GoTo to go to my bookmark so it looks like it's
working.

BUT, then I go to footnote #2 and click Insert..Field..NoteRef and choose
the bookmark I just created from the list. Instead of a reference mark, I get
[Error! Bookmark not defined.]. When I go to help to find out what this
means, it says that this error message arises when the page containing the
bookmark has been deleted. What?? It's not deleted.

Can anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Instead of manually bookmarking, you can use Insert | Reference |
Cross-reference. If you insist on doing it manually, bookmark the
footnote reference in the main body of the text, and then insert a
NOTEREF field.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP