Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bad Bart Bad Bart is offline

Default ClipArt on Office Online Inaccesible

Hello,

I've run into an interesting problem with accessing ClipArt on Office Online
in Word and PowerPoint 2007. I have received several computers for use in a
training center. All machines are identical in their hardware and software
configurations. All have working Internet connections. But some of the
computers will not access ClipArt on Office Online via the link in the task
pane. What might cause this? Any ideas or suggestions as to how to
troubleshoot the problem? Is there some option that I should activate or
deactivate to gain access?

Many thanks in advance for any and all help.

Bart

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mary Sauer Mary Sauer is offline

Have you checked your firewall setup?

You can put Office into the trusted site. In Internet Explorer, tools, Internet
Options, security tab, highlight Trusted sites, click the sites button. Clear
"Require server verification (https for all sites in this area." Type
http://office.microsoft.com in the address bar, click add.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Bad Bart" wrote in message
. net...
Hello,

I've run into an interesting problem with accessing ClipArt on Office Online
in Word and PowerPoint 2007. I have received several computers for use in a
training center. All machines are identical in their hardware and software
configurations. All have working Internet connections. But some of the
computers will not access ClipArt on Office Online via the link in the task
pane. What might cause this? Any ideas or suggestions as to how to
troubleshoot the problem? Is there some option that I should activate or
deactivate to gain access?

Many thanks in advance for any and all help.

Bart

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bad Bart Bad Bart is offline

Thank you very much, Mary. I tried following your suggestion and added the
link you mentioned to the Trusted sites. However, the problem persists when
I try to access ClipArt Online from the task pane. I've also checked the
firewall setup, but perhaps I'm not sure what I should be looking for. Any
ideas?

Many thanks for your time and attention. They're truly appreciated.

Bart

"Bad Bart" wrote in message
. net...
Hello,

I've run into an interesting problem with accessing ClipArt on Office
Online in Word and PowerPoint 2007. I have received several computers for
use in a training center. All machines are identical in their hardware
and software configurations. All have working Internet connections. But
some of the computers will not access ClipArt on Office Online via the
link in the task pane. What might cause this? Any ideas or suggestions as
to how to troubleshoot the problem? Is there some option that I should
activate or deactivate to gain access?

Many thanks in advance for any and all help.

Bart

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mary Sauer Mary Sauer is offline

Have you emptied the temporary Internet cache of the troublesome computers?

This article is probably appropriate for Office 2007 too.

How to redirect Clip Organizer file paths for a roaming profile in Office 2003

Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://msauer.mvps.org/

t...

"Bad Bart" wrote in message
. net...
Hello,

I've run into an interesting problem with accessing ClipArt on Office Online
in Word and PowerPoint 2007. I have received several computers for use in a
training center. All machines are identical in their hardware and software
configurations. All have working Internet connections. But some of the
computers will not access ClipArt on Office Online via the link in the task
pane. What might cause this? Any ideas or suggestions as to how to
troubleshoot the problem? Is there some option that I should activate or
deactivate to gain access?

Many thanks in advance for any and all help.

Bart

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bad Bart Bad Bart is offline

Thanks, Mary, for the advice and article link. I'll check them out.

Much obliged and Happy New Year to you!

Bart

"Mary Sauer" wrote in message
Have you emptied the temporary Internet cache of the troublesome
computers?

This article is probably appropriate for Office 2007 too.

How to redirect Clip Organizer file paths for a roaming profile in Office
2003

Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://msauer.mvps.org/