Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
David Schrader David Schrader is offline

Default How do I "add..." in the printing menu(s)???

I have access to two machines - one at home and one at work.
I am running Office 2003 on both. When I print on the one at
work I am given the option to send the document/output to the
MS "Document Image Writer."

This option is *not* available on my machine at home (although
I can use the open/view ".mdi" documents - using the Microsoft
Document Image Writer/Viewer software.

What do I need to do to *add* the MS Document Image Writer
capability to my printing menus?

David

Note: The MS Document Image Writer option appears in any
printing menu and not just Word (i.e., Excel, Access, MSIE,
PowerPoint, Notepad, etc.). The system looks as it as if it
is a "printer" and not a special printing option just for Office.
dfs

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 13:48:21 -0500, "David Schrader"
wrote:

I have access to two machines - one at home and one at work.
I am running Office 2003 on both. When I print on the one at
work I am given the option to send the document/output to the
MS "Document Image Writer."

This option is *not* available on my machine at home (although
I can use the open/view ".mdi" documents - using the Microsoft
Document Image Writer/Viewer software.

What do I need to do to *add* the MS Document Image Writer
capability to my printing menus?

David

Note: The MS Document Image Writer option appears in any
printing menu and not just Word (i.e., Excel, Access, MSIE,
PowerPoint, Notepad, etc.). The system looks as it as if it
is a "printer" and not a special printing option just for Office.
dfs

Depending on whether or not you told Windows to remove the installation files
for Office, you may need the Office CD to finish this...

Run the Control Panel Add/Remove Programs dialog, choose Office 2003, and
click the Change button. Choose to add features, and check the advanced
customization box on the second page. On the third page, expand Office Tools,
expand Microsoft Office Document Imaging, and set the Writer to run from your
computer. Click the Update button to install it. It will become a "printer
driver".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman