Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jackie Jackie is offline

Default How do I ressurect a file I did not save in Word 2007?

I was doing a school assignment and thought I hit save and apparently didn't.
I know the file was saved every so often while I was working on it. Is
there anyway to find those files?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

What do you mean by 'I know it was saved every so often'? There is no
autosave function in Word (unless you add one -
http://www.gmayor.com/automatically_backup.htm ) so the only way the
document would be saved is if you saved it yourself. If you did so, the last
saved version will be on your hard drive. If you didn't save it then it is
gone.

Jackie wrote:
I was doing a school assignment and thought I hit save and apparently
didn't. I know the file was saved every so often while I was working
on it. Is there anyway to find those files?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jackie Jackie is offline

In Word 2007 when I am working on a document I see a notice pop up every so
often that says the file is being saved. I don't know where it's being saved
to though. I just re-did the document I was looking for because I couldn't
find it anywhere. Luckily I remembered most of what I had written.

Jackie wrote:
I was doing a school assignment and thought I hit save and apparently
didn't. I know the file was saved every so often while I was working
on it. Is there anyway to find those files?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The document is not being saved. It is the auto recovery information that is
saved. This is deleted when the document is closed. If the document was
saved it would be in the recent files list.

Jackie wrote:
I was doing a school assignment and thought I hit save and
apparently didn't. I know the file was saved every so often while I
was working on it. Is there anyway to find those files?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jackie Jackie is offline

Thanks, that is good to know. It gives you a false sense of security though.
I don't think that's quite right somehow.