M3cca

Default How do I place merge fields on an actual line in a document

I have forms that can not be changed from their orginal layout that I scan
into word. Once scanned into word I make them into mail merge documents that
use an access database as the data source. The original forms have lines
where someone would hand write the information. I am trying to put the merge
fields above or on these "lines". The lines just shift and the merge fields
are inserted before the "lines" changing the original layout of the document.
Is there any way to keep the original format of the line and place the merge
field above the line. (like someone has typed the information on that line).
i would appreciate any suggestions.
--
Thank you, M3

Doug Robbins

The usual way of getting things to stay in place is to create the form as a
table with fixed cell dimensions. I realise however that give what you
started with, this may be quite a bit of work to set up.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP