stebennettsjb

Default adding pictures in a mail merge

Hi, i have a mail merge document, i have added the includePicture field and
then put the link from the excel file into it, the excel file again has link
to the picture (pics/myPicture.gif) when it completes the merge if you look
at the code it is correct (it shows the correct path to all the different
pictures...) .... but all the dynamic pictures are the same one... the first
one in the list to be accurate....

i can change them to the correct picture my doing an edit field and after it
shows the field bos just clidking ok in it...but i cant do that for every
picture.... (theres over a 100..) any ideas how i can refresh (or something
like that) all the field tags so they show the right picture...

thanks

DBodell

Even better, record a macro for yourself doing exactly as Graham just
suggested. Then run that macro on the document open event (you have to put
this in with VBA code). I did this on a sign program that I wrote where I
load a picture of the plant that the sign is for (I work for a garden
center). In order to keep my users from having to remember the CTRL+A and F9
stuff, I recorded and saved the macro to do this and then also to go to print
preview automatically. All the users see is the document starting up, doing
the mail merge, updating each of the fields and then print previewing in a
matter of seconds. It works like a charm! If you need help with it, feel free
to write me privately:

Diana Bodell

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Merge to a new document, select all (CTRL+A) then F9 to update.

My web site
www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org