Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
MikeyD

Default Editing MRU File List?

Does anyone know if it is possible to edit the MRU file list in Word? Here's
the point: I know that it is possible to shut off the MRU feature entirely or
alter the number of entries it retains. But is it possible to delete [or
edit] entries (from both the File menu and the Task Pane) to prevent the
inclusion of files that I have manually deleted from the My Documents folder
[or correctly link to docs I have moved from their original locations to
sub-folders]? Deleting the shortcuts in Documents and
Settings\User\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Recent does not work. I've
tried that.

--WIN-XP(SP2)-Home
--Office XP (SP3)