Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kim kim is offline

Default slowness with tracking changes in Word 2007

Has anyone encountered problems with Track changes in 2007? When I turn on
track changes the rate at which my typing is displayed slows to a crawl.
Most things in the program slow down to an irritating level.

I disabled the PDF Maker add-in, which corrected slowness previously, but
this slowness only appears when using Track changes.

Thoughts?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Some users report the 'slow typing' problem only occurs when the Review
tab on the Word 2007 ribbon is displayed, so try clicking on one of the
other tabs (Home, Insert, Page Layout, etc.) and see if the problem
persists.

Kim wrote:

Has anyone encountered problems with Track changes in 2007? When I turn on
track changes the rate at which my typing is displayed slows to a crawl.
Most things in the program slow down to an irritating level.

I disabled the PDF Maker add-in, which corrected slowness previously, but
this slowness only appears when using Track changes.

Thoughts?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jaime Caro Jaime Caro is offline

Hello,
You are right! We have the same problem in a brand new computer under Vista,
Spanish version and we verified that the slowness occurs only when the Review
tab is displayed. But we also verified that there is no slowness in another
computer under XP, English version.
--
Director of Technology
K-12 School