Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bsweigert bsweigert is offline

Default How to alphabetize a typed list

I am trying to alphabetize a typed list (table of contents). Please give me
instructions on how to do that. thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 07:51:02 -0800, bsweigert
wrote:

I am trying to alphabetize a typed list (table of contents). Please give me
instructions on how to do that. thanks

Select the list, and click Table Sort. The defaults in the dialog should be
correct, so just click OK.

I assume that by "typed list" you mean that you typed it manually. If instead
you used the Insert Table of Contents feature to make the list, it's all a
single field, and if you update the sorted field then it will return to the
original order. To prevent that, before sorting you would click anywhere in the
list and press Ctrl+Shift+F9 to change the field into plain text. After that it
will never update.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman