Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
FarGardener FarGardener is offline

Default Missing Records

I recently did a mail merge of names of diners and a brief bio of each person
for a booklet to accompany a dinner, using data from an Excel spreadsheet.
The first time the mail merge returned about 40 records, just less than half
the number that it should have. The second time it returned four short of
the required number and the third time I tried there were three records
missing. I am using Word and Excel 2007.

The next day I used the same spreadsheet to mail merge the names of diners
onto place cards, and it worked perfectly!

Has anyone come across this and is there a solution? I use mail merge a
huge amount and need to be able to trust that the records returned will be
correct.

Thanks
--

FarGardener
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I have never heard of irregularities such as that. The usual cause is the
inclusion of a Next Record field where one is not required.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"FarGardener" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
FarGardener FarGardener is offline

Yes, I came across this problem many years ago but it isn't relevant in this
case as the Next record fields were correctly positioned. The merge also
changed my font and font size, but only for 2 or 3 records. The whole thing
was very weird!
--

FarGardener

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

[...]

Merge from Outlook missing records Tunes Mailmerge 4 December 5th 07 10:56 PM
Some records missing data after merge q3pd Mailmerge 2 October 15th 07 12:27 PM
mail merge missing records Hogan Mailmerge 6 July 20th 07 03:36 PM
Missing records JudyH260 Mailmerge 1 March 1st 07 04:50 AM
missing records capcamp Mailmerge 1 February 1st 05 01:31 AM