Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
southlondonsquirrel southlondonsquirrel is offline

Default PowerPoint handouts in Word document

Is it possible to insert PowerPoint handouts or slides in a Word document?
I'm writing a report of a conference and want to include PowerPoint
presentations.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

What version of PowerPoint do you have? See if you have the option under the
File menu called Send to:, choose the Word option and select the best option
displayed. Do not select the Link option at the bottom.
This will produce as new Word which will contain images of your presentation
that you can now use in other documents.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"southlondonsquirrel" wrote:

Is it possible to insert PowerPoint handouts or slides in a Word document?
I'm writing a report of a conference and want to include PowerPoint
presentations.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
southlondonsquirrel southlondonsquirrel is offline

Thanks Dean, looks as though this should be useful. However at least one of
the presentations has come to me as a slide show so there isn't a File menu
available. I might ask presenters for their original files and then follow
your suggestion.

"DeanH" wrote:

What version of PowerPoint do you have? See if you have the option under the
File menu called Send to:, choose the Word option and select the best option
displayed. Do not select the Link option at the bottom.
This will produce as new Word which will contain images of your presentation
that you can now use in other documents.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"southlondonsquirrel" wrote:

Is it possible to insert PowerPoint handouts or slides in a Word document?
I'm writing a report of a conference and want to include PowerPoint
presentations.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
southlondonsquirrel southlondonsquirrel is offline

Dean, I've found a better version of the PowerPoint file and am able to
follow your suggestion - thanks very much.

"DeanH" wrote:

What version of PowerPoint do you have? See if you have the option under the
File menu called Send to:, choose the Word option and select the best option
displayed. Do not select the Link option at the bottom.
This will produce as new Word which will contain images of your presentation
that you can now use in other documents.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"southlondonsquirrel" wrote:

Is it possible to insert PowerPoint handouts or slides in a Word document?
I'm writing a report of a conference and want to include PowerPoint
presentations.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Glad to help.
FYI, even with only a .pps file, you can still get to the edit mode. Usually
File Open from PowerPoint will open these files in Edit mode.
Best of luck to ya.