Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jane Ugilt

Default Forms, protect and unprotect, text disappear

I have a problem with forms when protecting and unprotecting the document.
The document with the form is protected (with a password for forms). The
employees have to fill in some of the fields (made with the text form field).
An other person has to open and unprotect the document in order to fill in
some other fields (not text form fields) and protect the document again.
During that process all the data disappear. How can I solve that problem? The
mentioned document is made and operated in Office 2000 SR-1 professional.
I had a similar problem in Office XP but here noticed that the text only
disappeared when the document was protected and unprotected by using Tools,
protect document. If I did the same by using the Forms toolbar and the
protect and unprotect icon the text did not disappear.