Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
BJ

Default Saving merge main documents to the web

I would like to create some basic merge documents (labels, envelopes,
directories etc.) for remote offices to download and use, that I would save
to the web. They do not turn out correctly when I put them on the web. What
do I need to do? They will all use the same datafile name which will be
C:\mailmerge.txt. Everyone will be using Word 2003.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Qko=?=,

I would like to create some basic merge documents (labels, envelopes,
directories etc.) for remote offices to download and use, that I would save
to the web. They do not turn out correctly when I put them on the web. What
do I need to do? They will all use the same datafile name which will be
C:\mailmerge.txt. Everyone will be using Word 2003.

In more recent versions of Word, Word seems to pick up information on which
machine a main merge document was generated and save that in the document. So
even if the path to the data source is the same on various machines, Word
appears to not be able to find it. So far, I've never heard of any way to get
around this, short of putting an AutoOpen macro in the document that attaches
the data source.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org