Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
odudley odudley is offline

Default Creating a Table of Contents inside a Directory Mail Merge

My current dilema is that I cannot figure out how to enter a TOC into my
mailmerge. I have an introductory page that has a Title and TOC, then a
pagebreak, then the directory. The table of contents is based on a field in
the directory. The directory function is causing my title, TOC and pagebreak
to repeat before each record. There are many records so cutting and pasting
is not an option.

What I Want:

"Document Title as Written"

[TOC] -- listing each individual title and page

pagebreak

title -- field formatted as Heading1 so each title will show in TOC
text -- often more than one page
pagebreak
nextrecord
title
text
pagebreak
nextrecord

What I Have:
"Document Title as Written"

[TOC] -- views as "title"..............2

pagebreak

title -- shows title of first record
text -- shows text of first record
pagebreak
nextrecord
"Document Title as Written"

[TOC] -- views as "title"..............4

pagebreak

title -- shows title of next record
text -- shows text of next record
pagebreak