Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Frank Carpenter Frank Carpenter is offline

Default Table Breaking Incorrectly

I have a word 2000 table that consists of five rows and two columns. The
first four rows contain about one or two lines of text each in both columns.
The final row contains one row of text in the first column and approxiamtely
200 lines of text in column two.

The issue I am experiencing has to do with the last row. The document
insists on taking this row and placing it on a new page even though there is
sufficeint room to hold some, but not all, of the cell on the prior page. I
have "Allow Row Break Across Pages" checked. I have tried all types of
formating and the only thing I have found to work, in keeping the table
togehter, is turning off Text Wrap. When I do turn off text wrap however
then the sentences in the cell fall off the right hand side of the page and
can not be reached. I tried to change the font size with no luck either. I
have to make the font size so small to keep the table intact that the table
becomes ureadable. I am more familiar with Word 2003 with the REVEAL
Formating option. In 2000 I dont know how to turn on all the formating for
viewing.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

In Table | Table Properties, Row tab, clear the "Specify height" option if
it is checked. The option will prevent the row from being split across a
page.

Make sure that the rows are not formatted as "Keep with next" or "Page break
before" (Format | Paragraph, Line and Page Breaks tab).

For more, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...ksInTables.htm.

--
Stefan Blom