Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Mohan Kumar Karunakaran Mohan Kumar Karunakaran is offline

Default Table Style

Hi,

I am using Word 2007 and I would like to know to create a table style which
will be formatted like a financial table.

ie. First column should be left aligned and the rest of the cols should be
right aligned (all numeric cols). Is there anyway to create a table style
like this. The alignment should not apply to the header rows.

Thanks,
Mohan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

With the insertion point inside a table, click the Table Tools Design tab
(on the ribbon). In the Table Styles group, click the arrow (the tooltip is
"More") at the bottom right of the listing of table styles. Click the New
Table Style option, type a name and set the properties.

Note, however, that since table styles are a bit unpredictable, you might
prefer setting up an example table with the settings you want, and then
create an AutoText entry from it. Then insert the AutoText each time you
need that specific formatting.

To create an AutoText: On the Insert tab, click Quick Parts, and then click
Save Selection to Quick Part Gallery. Type a name, specify "AutoText" for
"Gallery" and then click OK.

To insert the AutoText, you can type its name and press F3.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Mohan Kumar Karunakaran" wrote in message
Hi,

I am using Word 2007 and I would like to know to create a table style
which
will be formatted like a financial table.

ie. First column should be left aligned and the rest of the cols should be
right aligned (all numeric cols). Is there anyway to create a table style
like this. The alignment should not apply to the header rows.

Thanks,
Mohan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I should have mentioned that I have been having difficulties getting table
styles to work at all (see also
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/tablestyles/index.html), so I definitely
recommend using AutoText instead.

--