Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BillVa BillVa is offline

Default Text alignment in a table using Word 2003

Hi,

I hope someone can help. I created a table, merged all the cells in one
column and typed some text in that column, in this case the word "Limited". I
want to arrange that word so that it appears like so in the column:

I tried the Format menu, Text Direction option but doesn't offer the type of
alignment I'm looking for. I also hope to arrange the text so that it's
centered aligned with the other columns. Can someone please help?

Thank you,
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Press Shift+Enter between each letter of the word, then use the Cell
Alignment tool to center it vertically.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"BillVa" wrote in message
news
Hi,

I hope someone can help. I created a table, merged all the cells in one
column and typed some text in that column, in this case the word
"Limited". I
want to arrange that word so that it appears like so in the column:

I tried the Format menu, Text Direction option but doesn't offer the type
of
alignment I'm looking for. I also hope to arrange the text so that it's
centered aligned with the other columns. Can someone please help?

Thank you,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Or set the cell margins for that cell (Table Format Cell
Options) to add up to slightly less than the width of the cell.