Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Meowzer Meowzer is offline

Default I set outline levels in Table of Contents, still shows all levels

In Word 2007, I set my table of contents to show only outline level 1. When
I create my ToC, the system insists on showing me all levels, from level 1
down to Body of Text.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you're getting Body Text in the TOC, then it's because an outline level
has been applied to it. This could be the work of the Document Map; see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/DocumentMap.htm

"Meowzer" wrote in message
In Word 2007, I set my table of contents to show only outline level 1.
When
I create my ToC, the system insists on showing me all levels, from level 1
down to Body of Text.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Meowzer Meowzer is offline

Default I set outline levels in Table of Contents, still shows all lev

While this provided interesting info, it didn't fix the problem. My outline
tools definately confirm the outline levels in the document, and I tried all
the suggestions offered in the document, but I still get all levels
displayed, even though I specifically state only one level when I'm creating
the TOC.

"Meowzer" wrote in message
In Word 2007, I set my table of contents to show only outline level 1.
When
I create my ToC, the system insists on showing me all levels, from level 1
down to Body of Text.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Go to Format | Paragraph for one of the Body Text paragraphs and see what
outline level is selected. Alternatively, in the TOC Options dialog, clear
the 1 for all the non-Heading 1 styles.

news