Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Deanna Deanna is offline

Default docx files and Word documents

I recently had a problem with Norton. In correcting the problem, the
operator took control of my computer. As a result,all of my Word files were
converted from a Word.Doc file to a Docx file. I have 2007 Word XP. How can
I convert this back to Word.Doc files? In copying the files to a thumbnail
drive, and trying to open the files in a 2000 Word computer, the older
computer can't read it.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Perhaps not as a batch, but you can open each one in Word2007 and Save
As Word 97-2003 format.

You can download the Compatibility Pack that allows you to open .docx
files in earlier versions of Word, but I don't know whether it goes
back to 2000.