Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Sandy Sue Sandy Sue is offline

Default Inside vertical borders in a resume

I'm revising my resume but running into a problem. I've noticed on several
resumes that a small vertical line, sometimes shaded, is next to the person's
name and all of their info is on the right side of the line (address,
city,state, zip, email, phone). Sometimes the borders are in the body of the
resume. How do I create those lines in a resume?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

There are several possibilities but the simplest is the use of Tables. Apply
the preferred Borders to the Table cells.

You might consider looking for a resume template that's already designed
that way.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Sandy Sue" Sandy wrote in message
I'm revising my resume but running into a problem. I've noticed on
several
resumes that a small vertical line, sometimes shaded, is next to the
person's
name and all of their info is on the right side of the line (address,
city,state, zip, email, phone). Sometimes the borders are in the body of
the
resume. How do I create those lines in a resume?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

P.S. - I neglected to mention that if you decide to go it on your own you
should find this useful:

http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/MarginalText.htm

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"CyberTaz" gtz1@comcastdotnet wrote in message
There are several possibilities but the simplest is the use of Tables.
Apply the preferred Borders to the Table cells.

You might consider looking for a resume template that's already designed
that way.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones
Office:Mac MVP

"Sandy Sue" Sandy wrote in message
I'm revising my resume but running into a problem. I've noticed on
several
resumes that a small vertical line, sometimes shaded, is next to the
person's
name and all of their info is on the right side of the line (address,
city,state, zip, email, phone). Sometimes the borders are in the body of
the
resume. How do I create those lines in a resume?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I wouldn't advise that route, though. Every résumé template I've ever seen
has used a table, and if the résumé requires something more elaborate than
can be achieved with hanging indents and tabs, a table is the way to go
(especially if borders are wanted).

http://word.mvps.org

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

I agree whole-heartedly - simply threw it out there "just in case" :-)

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones