JAMES BOND

Default TROUBLE SHOOT TABLE OF CONTENTS

I HAVE A DOCUMENT THAT I GENERATED A TOC FOR. I USED THE SIMPLE METHOD -
INSERT, REFERENCE, INDEX & TABLES, TABLE OF CONTENTS, LEVEL 1, TAB LEADER,
SHOW PAGE NUMBERS, RIGHT ALIGN PAGE NUMBERS, FORMAT FROM TEMPLATE. THERE ARE
ABOUT 12 HEADINGS. IT GENERATED 6 PERFECTLY BUT THE NEXT SIX WERE GENERATED
WITH ALL THE TEXT BELOW THE HEADING IN DARK BACKGROUND WITH ASSOCATED PAGE
NUMBERS. i HAD TO DELETE THE UNNEEDED TEXT SO I COULD USE THE HEADING WITH
THE PAGE NUMBER. HOW CAN I GENERATED THE TOC WITH OUT THIS PROBLEM.
THANK YOU
Word Heretic

G'day "JAMES BOND",

First up, your trigger finger has arthritis and should be used to
press the Caps Lock key before typing so we don't get an illegible
scream.

Second, if you use styles, then we want heading stules to only be used
for heading texts. If you use Tools Options View Formatting
All you will see the end of para markers to make sure you have ended
your heading with a paragraph.

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

JAMES BOND reckoned: