AlanMagppie

Default View Merged Data Button not Working

I am attempting to perform a mail merge. I have completed both the data
source and the main document. When I click on the View Merged Data
button, Word does not display the data that I created in the data
source. I can navigate using the next record and previous record
buttons but the data does not appear. I can only see the names of the
merge fields. However, if I merge to a new document or to a printer,
the data is merged correctly. It would save a lot of time however if I
could preview the merged documents with the View Merged Data button.
However this function does not appear to be working. Do you know of any
settings in Word that might prevent the View Merged Data button from
functioning properly?

--
AlanMagppie
AlanMagppie's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=134

Peter Jamieson

When you say "I can only see thenames of the merge fields", if you are
seeing things like { MERGEFIELD myfield }, then press Alt-F9, after which
you should see eithe rmyfield or the preview data.

Peter Jamieson
"AlanMagppie" wrote in message

[...]

AlanMagppie

Thanks for the suggestion Peter. Your solution has worked perfectly.I
have found that the following also solves this issue:
Tools Options View 'tab' under 'Show' section remove the tick in
the 'Field Codes' checkbox.