ManInBlue77

Default How do I quickly alphabatize an extensive list of names and addre.

I created a 6 paged, 3 column document in word with names and addresses.
They need to be put in alphabetical order. How can this be done?
Chuck Davis

"ManInBlue77" wrote:

I created a 6 paged, 3 column document in word with names and addresses.
They need to be put in alphabetical order. How can this be done?

Click anywhere in the table (I assume you have a table) and choose Sort from
the Table drop down menu. If you have a heading row, click the appropirate
button near the bottom of the dialog box. The make your selections as to the
column that you wish to sort.

Without a table you are out of luck.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
greengrass

Default How do I quickly alphabatize an extensive list of names and ad

I didn't need a table. I simply clicked the sort option within table and it
alphabatized my "list"