Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
TomC

Default Adding a field to an Off 97 mail merge using Office Pro 2003

I have an existing mail merge which merges data to letters that was developed
using Office 97. The nice thing about this old mail merge was that it gave
me the capability of naming my own fields and creating as many fields as I
desired in the data portion of the mail merge. Also, it is very convenient
in that I can highlight the address after printing the letter and then print
my envelope. Anyway, I now have a need to add another field to the data side
and Office 2003 Office Pro doesnt seem to give me that capability. So I
would like to know if I can do a mail merge using the old Office 97 procedure
which let me list the data elements I wanted instead of giving me a set of
elements I don't want, or how can I add a field to my existing mail merge
which used the old Office 97 procedure?? I already have the Mail Merge tool
bar. Thanks for any help you can give me. Tom
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Sheila D

Tom. your data source created in Word will be a normal Word document with a
table. You can add a new column to the table and type the name of the field
in the first row. HTH

Sheila