Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
welshygunner

Default Auto update

I have links to my word documents from excel spreadsheets. Is there an option
to auto update on opening rather than having to click yes to update each time
i open file??
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

You could add the macro code at http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm
to an autoopen macro in the document's template which will force an update
on opening the document.

welshygunner wrote:
I have links to my word documents from excel spreadsheets. Is there
an option to auto update on opening rather than having to click yes
to update each time i open file??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
NIW NIW is offline

Hi Folks-

I am having a similar problem..

User has Windows Vista - latest updates
Microsoft Office 2007 SBE - latest updates
Connected to a remote Windows XP folder share..

User opens a Word 2007 (docx) document that links to 'a bunch of data' on a
Excel 2007 (xlsx) document..

If the Word doc gets opened, it prompts to update - and the data is not
updated. You have to manually update the fields.

Which is wierd - because if we take those same documents and move them to
the C drive of the Vista computer, the Word will automatically update
properly.

Why is it that when the files are opening from the XP computer - that it
doesn't auto update..

Chris

welshygunner wrote:
I have links to my word documents from excel spreadsheets. Is there
an option to auto update on opening rather than having to click yes
to update each time i open file??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

When you open a document with OLE objects in it, you might very well be
prompted for an update even if no changes have been made to the source. That
could be the reason why you aren't seeing any changes.

By the way, have you tried the macro suggested by Graham?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP