Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Heather Rae

Default How do i make a fill in form with some parts not changeable

I'm trying to make a form for my office with parts that we can just keep
filling in and updating. I know there is away to write protect certain areas
so we do not type over it. Ideally I would like them to be able to be able
to push tab or enter to just keep filling in what they need to. I need to
make it easy and efficient for them so they will use it.
Ex:
Job site:
Name:

I need to be able to write protect Job site and name and let them fill in
the answers
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Andrea Jones

Click on View Toolbars Forms to display the Forms toolbar and add text
form fields to your document. Click the padlock icon to protect your
document when you have finished. See
http://www.allaboutoffice.co.uk/wordform.htm for more information.

Andrea Jones
www.allaboutoffice.co.uk
www.allaboutclait.com

"Heather Rae" wrote:

I'm trying to make a form for my office with parts that we can just keep
filling in and updating. I know there is away to write protect certain areas
so we do not type over it. Ideally I would like them to be able to be able
to push tab or enter to just keep filling in what they need to. I need to
make it easy and efficient for them so they will use it.
Ex:
Job site:
Name:

I need to be able to write protect Job site and name and let them fill in
the answers

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This is called a protected form. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm and especially
the forms tutorials by Dian Chapman that this article links to.

"Heather Rae" Heather wrote in message
I'm trying to make a form for my office with parts that we can just keep
filling in and updating. I know there is away to write protect certain

areas
so we do not type over it. Ideally I would like them to be able to be

able
to push tab or enter to just keep filling in what they need to. I need to
make it easy and efficient for them so they will use it.
Ex:
Job site:
Name:

I need to be able to write protect Job site and name and let them fill in
the answers

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

What you are talking about is what Word calls an "online form." Check this
in help. For more about online forms, follow the links at
http://addbalance.com/word/wordwebresources.htm#Forms or
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm especially Dian
Chapman's series of articles. You may also want to look at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...nesInForms.htm.

Hope this helps,
--

Charles Kenyon