Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
cewert

Default Mail Merge

I have a mail merge document in word 2003 the data sorce is in Access 2003 -
when I merge the data it is placeing the data in the wrong merged fields.. I
have 13 fields that represent fees. There is not always a fee for every
field - so when the data merges it just puts the fees in the first available
field. If there is no amt for a field it doesn't skip the fireld... so I
should have amts in fiels 1, 5, 7, 11 & 12 but instead it puts the fees in
the first 5 fields.... Help
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

My guess is that you have each number on its own on a separate line in your
mail merge main document. When one of the numbers is not present in Access,
Word will suppress the line containing the blank field. if so, what you can
do is:
a. open Tools|Customize|Commands and select Category "All Commands"
b. find MailMergeHelper in the list of commands on the right and drag it to
a toolbar
c. close the Tools|Customize dialog box
d. Click the MailMergeHelper icon you just created
e. Click the Merge... button in section 3 of the dialog
f. Select "Print blank lines when data fields are empty, then Close, Close

See if blank lines appear where your missing values are.

Peter Jamieson

"cewert" u22084@uwe wrote in message news:6097cf82f8c15@uwe...
I have a mail merge document in word 2003 the data sorce is in Access
2003 -
when I merge the data it is placeing the data in the wrong merged fields..
have 13 fields that represent fees. There is not always a fee for every
field - so when the data merges it just puts the fees in the first
available
field. If there is no amt for a field it doesn't skip the fireld... so I
should have amts in fiels 1, 5, 7, 11 & 12 but instead it puts the fees in
the first 5 fields.... Help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
cewert via OfficeKB.com

Thank you.... that fixed my problem.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peter Jamieson wrote:
My guess is that you have each number on its own on a separate line in your
mail merge main document. When one of the numbers is not present in Access,
Word will suppress the line containing the blank field. if so, what you can
do is:
a. open Tools|Customize|Commands and select Category "All Commands"
b. find MailMergeHelper in the list of commands on the right and drag it to
a toolbar
c. close the Tools|Customize dialog box
d. Click the MailMergeHelper icon you just created
e. Click the Merge... button in section 3 of the dialog
f. Select "Print blank lines when data fields are empty, then Close, Close

See if blank lines appear where your missing values are.

Peter Jamieson

I have a mail merge document in word 2003 the data sorce is in Access
2003 -

[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]