Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
FPL Chris

Default 3 of 683 entries from db show in mail merge

When using mail merge in Word, only 3 of the 683 db (Works database) entries
show up as available for the merge
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Can we have some more details of what you have set up? What type of mail
merge main document, what version of Word, etc.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"FPL Chris" wrote in message
When using mail merge in Word, only 3 of the 683 db (Works database)
entries
show up as available for the merge

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
FPL Chris

Label merge in Word 2003. All of my other databases will merge in their
entirety. The same thing occurs when I try to use the database from a backup
cd. Only the first 3 entries in the database appear on the merge. I have
tried with all of the entries in the database checked and unchecked.

"FPL Chris" wrote in message
When using mail merge in Word, only 3 of the 683 db (Works database)
entries
show up as available for the merge

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Try a Directory merge with the database with the mergefields in the cells of
a one row table. If that works, to get around the problem, you could add a
row at the top of the table that is produced and insert field names into the
cells in that row and then save that document and use it as the data source.

I am assuming of course that you have the label merge document set up
correctly with the merge fields in all cells and a Next Record field
before the first mergefield in all cells except the first and that you are
actually executing the merge.