Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Warren

Default address bolded when mailmerge from Outlook to Word

Hi,

I have set up a word template with First Name, Last Name and Mailing Address
fields from my Outlook contacts.

When I use Mail Merge from Outlook and choose my template, the mail merge
works fine but the first line of the Mailing Address is bolded while the rest
of the address is not bolded.

When I MailMerge to a new document and add the address fields into the
merged document, the address comes out normal without the bolding.

I've checked my font formatting and all is set to normal.

Why is this happening and how do I fix it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Remove the \*mergeformat switch if there is one from the field(s) in the
first line and, if necessary, add a \*charformat switch in its place and
make sure that the M of MERGEFIELD is not formatted as bold.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP