Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
r4gtl

Default Microsoft Fax mailmerge

Hi! Sorry for my english.
It is possible to send a big number of fax with Word mailmerge? And if yes,
how can I do this? The Option "Fax" in the Mailmerge is unactive.
I have Microsoft Win XP Pro SP1, Microsoft Fax, Word 2002 and Outlook 2002.
Thank you.
Stefano

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

See

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0001.htm

Peter Jamieson

"r4gtl" wrote in message
Hi! Sorry for my english.
It is possible to send a big number of fax with Word mailmerge? And if
yes,
how can I do this? The Option "Fax" in the Mailmerge is unactive.
I have Microsoft Win XP Pro SP1, Microsoft Fax, Word 2002 and Outlook
2002.
Thank you.
Stefano

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
r4gtl

Sorry but I don't understand. I have enabled the merge to fax. How can I send
the faxes with my own fax/modem? The macro is only to send the faxes by fax
services? Can I merge to fax without VBA?
Thanks

"r4gtl" wrote in message
Hi! Sorry for my english.
It is possible to send a big number of fax with Word mailmerge? And if
yes,
how can I do this? The Option "Fax" in the Mailmerge is unactive.
I have Microsoft Win XP Pro SP1, Microsoft Fax, Word 2002 and Outlook
2002.
Thank you.
Stefano

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

Can I merge to fax without VBA?

See below, but I suspect that if you have Windows 2000 or XP and Word 2000
or later, then using the macro is likely to be easier and more reliable
(once you have got it working) than any other approach.

The macro is only to send the faxes by fax
services?

Every fax that you send via a local faxmodem on Windows 2000 and later goes
via Windows' fax subsystem, one way or another, as far as I know. The macro
just uses the standard software interface to the fax subsystem. It doesn't
use anything that is not on a standard Windows XP system or a Windows 2000
system with the standard fax software installed.

I have enabled the merge to fax.

All that does is to set Word up so that it sends faxes via Outlook messages.
To make that work at all
a. the necessary Outlook fax service software has to be set up
b. your data source must contain a field that has the fax number in the
format that Outlook expects

Even then, you may find that Outlook does not format the fax in the way that
you expect.

Sorry but I don't understand.

I'm not surprised because as far as I know, Microsoft has provided at least
4 different ways of faxing from Windows/Office since Windows 95, and none of
the recent versions provides a reliable, easy-to-use method to merge to fax.

Can I merge to fax without VBA?

You can certainly try. See, e.g.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/294695/

Peter Jamieson

"r4gtl" wrote in message
Hi! Sorry for my english.
It is possible to send a big number of fax with Word mailmerge? And if
yes,
how can I do this? The Option "Fax" in the Mailmerge is unactive.
I have Microsoft Win XP Pro SP1, Microsoft Fax, Word 2002 and Outlook
2002.
Thank you.
Stefano

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
r4gtl

Ok! I'd try to setup the macro that you give me and now I can send faxes.
It.s all right, now. Thank you. I have more then 200 faxes to send and it is
better send them in this way.
Many Thanks
Stefano

"r4gtl" wrote in message
Hi! Sorry for my english.
It is possible to send a big number of fax with Word mailmerge? And if
yes,
how can I do this? The Option "Fax" in the Mailmerge is unactive.
I have Microsoft Win XP Pro SP1, Microsoft Fax, Word 2002 and Outlook
2002.
Thank you.
Stefano

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

Thanks for the feedback. At some point I'll try to clarify the text of the
article.

Peter Jamieson