Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Michael Anderson

Default First row contains column headings from Excel

I have noticed in Word that when I try to set up a mail merge using either an
Excel file or a tab separated file as my data source, that...
1. even when I don't tick the box that says "First row contains column
headings" it does believes that they are anyway.
2. I have a series of numbers as one of the columns. Word seems to put an
"F" that is added to whichever number represents that column as my column
heading. ie instead of "123456" it puts "F2".
--
Thank You in Advance,

Michael Anderson
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

See the article "Creating a Mail Merge Data Source" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMe...DataSource.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.