Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Bert

Default Excel w/ mailmerge

I'm accessing an Excel 2003 workbook in a Word 2003 document.
Two of the fields in the worksheet (Last name, First name) reference the
same entries from the other worksheet in the same workbook. I can enter
the fields in the Word doc, but when I actually do the merge, the name
fields are blank.
I've tried using other "linking" methods, but the one that seems to work
best is the "use converter" method.
I'm not sure if this is a Word issue or an Excel issue.
Any suggestions? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

The old converter, as you have found, reads the underlying data in the field
which is a calculation. You will need to use the DDE connection to bring
over the calculated content from the other sheet.

From the Tools menu in Word, select Options and then go to the General tab
and check the box against the "Confirm conversions at open" item. Then when
you attach the data source to the mail merge main document, you will be
given the option of using the DDE method of connection which should read the
data as you have it formatted in the table.