Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mscertified

Default Screen image inside table of contents !?!

I have a screen image inside my TOC that resists all attempts to get rid of it.
I did find a heading paragraph tag on a 'section next page' break after the
screen image but I changed the style to NORMAL. The TOC however did not
correct itself. I examined all the other nearby paragraph tags and none are a
heading. The screen image is inside a table. I have other screen images in
the document and they do not appear in the TOC. How to I diagnose something
like this? Any help appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

1. Go to Tools Options and check the 'Object anchors' checkbox on the
Tools tab.

2. Select the graphic where it occurs in the body of the document.

3. Find the paragraph to which the graphic is anchored (indicated by a
little ship's anchor, positioned somewhere to the left of the paragraph).
The anchor can sometimes be hard to spot when the graphic is in a table.

4. Either: anchor the graphic to a different paragraph, that is not a
heading; or change the style of the anchor paragraph to a non-heading style.

"mscertified" wrote in message
I have a screen image inside my TOC that resists all attempts to get rid of
it.
I did find a heading paragraph tag on a 'section next page' break after
the
screen image but I changed the style to NORMAL. The TOC however did not
correct itself. I examined all the other nearby paragraph tags and none
are a
heading. The screen image is inside a table. I have other screen images in
the document and they do not appear in the TOC. How to I diagnose
something
like this? Any help appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mscertified

Thanks for the response.
I did what you said but I dont see the 'anchor' anywhere. I've looked and
looked.
Any more ideas. This has had me stuck for hours and my boss wants to review
this document.

"Jezebel" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

If the graphic is formatted Inline with text, then it's part of the
paragraph in question (and no anchor). If it's floating, then it's anchored
to something. If the graphic's in a table, is possible for the anchor to be
under the graphic. You can drag it aside to haver a look, but that can cause
the anchor to move to another paragraph. By default, Word moves the anchor
of a dragged graphic to the closest paragraph. You can 'Lock Anchor' for the
graphic to prevent this.