Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sarah sarah is offline

Default How do I save a document on a blank CD in the D:\ drive

For the life of me I cannot figure out how to save documents to a blanck CD
on the D:\ drive. Each time I try, I get a dialog box saying incorrect
function, followed by another box saying that I don't have access to it. How
do I save to the D:\ drive?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Do not try to do this directly from Word. Save the file to your hard disk as
normal, then use Windows Explorer to move it to the CD (if your computer
supports that) or use your CD burning software if not.

Do you in fact have a CD burner? The 'no access' message is what you get if
you try copying files to a read-only CD player.

"Sarah" wrote in message
For the life of me I cannot figure out how to save documents to a blanck
CD
on the D:\ drive. Each time I try, I get a dialog box saying incorrect
function, followed by another box saying that I don't have access to it.
How
do I save to the D:\ drive?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sarah sarah is offline

I do have a CD burner and have burned from it, so I know that works. But I
still cannot get documents to save to the D:\ drive. I tried moving it, and
that doesn't work either.

Is there another way?

"Sarah" wrote in message
For the life of me I cannot figure out how to save documents to a blanck
CD
on the D:\ drive. Each time I try, I get a dialog box saying incorrect
function, followed by another box saying that I don't have access to it.
How
do I save to the D:\ drive?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If the D drive is your CD burner than you do NOT save to the D drive. You
use your regular CD burning software to burn it to a disk.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Sarah" wrote in message
For the life of me I cannot figure out how to save documents to a
blanck
CD
on the D:\ drive. Each time I try, I get a dialog box saying incorrect
function, followed by another box saying that I don't have access to
it.
How
do I save to the D:\ drive?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Read the post! DO NOT TRY TO WRITE FILES DIRECTLY FROM WORD TO YOUR CD.

Save the document to your *C* drive. Close Word. Burn the files to your CD.

"Sarah" wrote in message
For the life of me I cannot figure out how to save documents to a
blanck
CD
on the D:\ drive. Each time I try, I get a dialog box saying incorrect
function, followed by another box saying that I don't have access to
it.
How
do I save to the D:\ drive?

Mail Merge Data Question Tom Bean Mailmerge 7 May 26th 06 12:02 AM
my new blank document isn't blank, help! scruffy Microsoft Word Help 1 May 24th 06 08:50 PM
Word 2003 [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 39 April 19th 06 06:35 PM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
do i save the document template or not (urgent) NP New Users 2 April 15th 05 11:47 AM