Jeanie

Default Mail merge from excel file to produce labels for mass mailing

I am trying to create labels from an excel spreadsheet containing names and
addresses. I use the mail merge wizard in word. I should end up with 3 and a
half sheets of labels (30 labels to a sheet). Instead, I'm ending up with
125 as it is putting one record on each page!

Help!
Michael

Hi Jeanie,
I don't have an answer for your questions, but I have the post right below
yours. Could you take a look at it and provide me suggestions. Basically I'm
trying to print label in Word 2003 from Excel 2003 and when I follow the mail
merge instructions, but when I select my excel file I get black labels on the
screen.

Thanks for any help.
Michael

"Jeanie" wrote:

I am trying to create labels from an excel spreadsheet containing names and
addresses. I use the mail merge wizard in word. I should end up with 3 and a
half sheets of labels (30 labels to a sheet). Instead, I'm ending up with
125 as it is putting one record on each page!

Help!

TChristian

Hi Jeanie,

Make sure your columns contain headers and that you have specified the Print
Area of the data you wish to be captured in the merge. Otherwise Excel
exports all empty cells and you end up with numerous blank pages of labels.

"Jeanie" wrote:

I am trying to create labels from an excel spreadsheet containing names and
addresses. I use the mail merge wizard in word. I should end up with 3 and a
half sheets of labels (30 labels to a sheet). Instead, I'm ending up with
125 as it is putting one record on each page!

Help!

Doug Robbins

See the article "Mailmerge Labels with Word XP" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP