Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.programming
Dave Dave is offline

Default Auto-Update

Please pardon the cross-reference, I was unsure exactly where to post.

I have a simple document where I would like the user to be prompted for
updated information. For simplicity, I want to have the "Company Name"
searched and replaced automatically whenever it is changed. That's the
simple example--what I really need are prompts for a list of items that can
be updated when necessary--for instance: "Company Name", "Address", "City",
etc.

I have a document that's completed, but if I need to replace the current
information, I would like to know how without manually performing a search
as replace command. So, someone sits down, opens the current document, are
asked to provide the information, and it's all done.

My apologies for my ignorance on this matter--we are just wasting too much
time searching and replacing and we tend to miss important information along
the way.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

--
David M. Streb, MCSE

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.programming

See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm for some options (sounds
like you want a UserForm). Note that if you have a UserForm that writes to
custom document properties, you can then use DocProperty fields in the
document, which are a bit easier to deal with than bookmarks and can be
updated repeatedly.