Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Wraithchilde Wraithchilde is offline

Default Date form field incorrect result

I did a search on this but found nothing. I would think it would be a known
issue.

I have a date form field, format MMMM YYYY. If I enter "10/06" the result is
"October 2007". I'm not sure how it figures "2007" from "06", but it does. Is
there a resolution for this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Word evaluates the entry in terms of MM/dd/yyyy before it applies your
formatting. It looks at "10/06" and evaluates it as October 6 in the current
year. Then the MMMM YYYY formatting strips out the dd part and leaves you
with October 2007. If you try the same input a year from now, the field will
display October 2008.

The only resolution I know of would be to enter a full three-part date with
any valid day, such as "10/1/06".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Wraithchilde wrote:
I did a search on this but found nothing. I would think it would be a
known issue.

I have a date form field, format MMMM YYYY. If I enter "10/06" the
result is "October 2007". I'm not sure how it figures "2007" from
"06", but it does. Is there a resolution for this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Wraithchilde Wraithchilde is offline

Thanks for the answer. That clarified what goes on behind the field well.

There is another solution, which is to type "10/2006", but you have to
understand the people I'm working with. Typing the extra two digits increases
the complexity of their job (in their mind) such that they might ask for a
raise. In the least they'll probably ask me to write a macro that will handle
the date so they can continue to enter only the minimum number of digits.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Wraithchilde wrote:
Thanks for the answer. That clarified what goes on behind the field
well.

There is another solution, which is to type "10/2006", but you have to
understand the people I'm working with. Typing the extra two digits
increases the complexity of their job (in their mind) such that they
might ask for a raise. In the least they'll probably ask me to write
a macro that will handle the date so they can continue to enter only
the minimum number of digits.

LOL -- I guess there's no harm in asking.