Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mgray mgray is offline

Default Update auto checked but date and time do not update when I reopen

I am inserting the date and time into a Word document using the following
steps.

1 Click the location where you want the date or time to appear.
2 On the Insert menu, click Date and Time.
3 Click the date or time with the format you want.
4 select the Update automatically check box.
5 Click OK.

I am then saving the document and when I reopen it the time does not change
even though I selected a time format with seconds in it. Does anyone know why
it is not automatically updating even though Update automatically is
selected? What else do I need to do to have it update the time and date
automatically.

Any help is appreciated

Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

Fields need a trigger to update. Try clicking into the date and pressing F9
to update the date/time. There are settings in the Print configuration
dialog box which you can use as a trigger to automatically update fields.
Tools, Options, Print - "Update fields before printing"

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

This message was posted to a newsgroup, Please post replies and questions
to the group so that others can learn as well.