Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DerekB DerekB is offline

Default Aligning adjacent cells in Tables

I have a table where in one cell I have multiple bullets with sentences for
each bullet that run over multiple lines. I would like to set up the cell to
the right to be able to have text align horizontally with the bullet in the
previous cell (the first cell lists a meeting item description, the second
lists who is responsible for the item). I think that the sentences on
multiple lines is causing a problem with the alignment (I am using the return
key to try to align with the bullet in the "description" cell). Any
suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Pat Garard Pat Garard is offline

G'Day Derek,

In the left cell, where there are multi-line bullets:
The space between lines is controlled by paragraph 'line spacing'
The space between bullets is controlled by para 'space after/before'

In the right cell, where there is a multi-line bullet to the left:
Use a 'Line Break' (SHIFT+ENTER) after the person's name, repeated
as required, to move down level with the last line of the bullet, then use
ENTER to move level with the first line of the next bullet.
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"DerekB" wrote in message
I have a table where in one cell I have multiple bullets with sentences for
each bullet that run over multiple lines. I would like to set up the cell to
the right to be able to have text align horizontally with the bullet in the
previous cell (the first cell lists a meeting item description, the second
lists who is responsible for the item). I think that the sentences on
multiple lines is causing a problem with the alignment (I am using the return
key to try to align with the bullet in the "description" cell). Any
suggestions?

Split tables but leave adjacent? Jen Tables 1 February 8th 07 01:03 AM
Aligning decimal figures in Word tables c.hjort Tables 2 November 3rd 06 09:58 AM
Aligning text in tables Paul Tables 2 November 4th 05 03:13 PM
Aligning text in tables Mikey Tables 5 April 22nd 05 06:43 PM
Prevent Word from Automatically Joining Adjacent Tables Randy Pearson via OfficeKB.com Tables 7 February 11th 05 02:06 PM