Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Tom Tom is offline

Default text in table format

A rep at Monster converted my resume into a table format. This was done for
uploading purposes. I can turn the grid lines on and off (under "Table") and
manipulate the text, columns, etc. I just can't duplicate what he did. When I
apply auto format to different set of text to try and duplicate the format
the grid lines are permanent and can't be turned on and off. Can anyone help?
--
tom
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

It sounds like the monsters either used Table - Convert - Text to table, or
they used a macro. The "permanent" grid lines you're getting with AutoFormat
sound like Borders formatting, not table formatting. (Format - Borders and
Shading - Borders tab).

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible