Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Tom Tom is offline

Default text in table format

I have Windows 2003/Home Edition. A Monster.com repo converted my resume into
a table format for uploading purposes. The grid lines can be hidden by going
under "Table" header. I can't figure out how to dublicate the setup. When I
set up text in a table the grid lines are permanent. Anyone help?
--
tom

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

sigh

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote in
message ...

Tom wrote:

I have Windows 2003/Home Edition. A Monster.com repo converted my resume
into a table format for uploading purposes. The grid lines can be hidden
by going under "Table" header. I can't figure out how to dublicate the
setup. When I set up text in a table the grid lines are permanent. Anyone
help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

It sounds as if the tables you create yourself have _borders_ and that the
table you want to duplicate has not. To remove the table borders, select the
table (or position the insertion marker in the table). Then select Format
Borders and Shading Borders tab and click the icon for None. Make sure that
"Apply to" is set to "Table" and click OK.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

text in table format Tom Tables 1 June 19th 07 09:21 PM
when I format a line of text, the lines above lose format aja Page Layout 1 August 17th 06 09:56 PM
Table Format Style vs. Table Text Style WebColin Page Layout 11 December 1st 05 11:29 PM
Word Table format need circle around text but not to expand cell Dee Benjamin Tables 1 July 27th 05 01:22 AM
How do I format the text in a table with commas? R Tables 3 November 27th 04 09:06 PM