Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PF PF is offline

Default How can I set the default return address margin for envelopes?

For some reason, when I print #10 enveloes in Word 2007, the return address
gets cut off. I can correct this by changing the return address margin to
about 1 inch instead of using the default "auto", but when I go back later to
print another envelop, the margin has changed back to "Auto". I can't find
any way to change the default from "Auto" to 1 inch.

I also don't understand why the return address gets cut off at all??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The return address formatting is controlled by the Envelope Return style. To
change the default margin:

1. Click Envelopes in the Mailings ribbon tab, go through the motions, and
choose Add to Document.

2. Click in the return address, and set the margins to what you need for the
envelope to print correctly.

3. Press Ctrl+Shift+Alt+S.

4. In the Styles pane, right-click on Envelope Return, and choose Update
Envelope Return to match selection.

5. Right-click on Envelope Return again, and choose Modify.

6. In the Modify Style dialog box, near the bottom, click the "New documents
based on this template" option, then click OK.

Depending on your settings, you might be prompted to save changes to
Normal.dotm later on... if so-prompted, click Yes to save the modified
style.

Once done, new envelopes should automatically use the new margin default for
the return address.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible