Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Adam D. Adam D. is offline

Default How do I adjust rows independently?

I am trying to make a table with varying data in each of the cells. In some
rows, there is a greater/lesser amount of data adjacent to the cell I am
modifying, which causes Word to automatically adjust the length of the
adjacent cells, wasting precious space. Is there any way around this?

FYI: I am using Microsoft Office 2007: Home and Student Edition
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

The row height applies to an entire row; it cannot be changed for a single
cell. What you can do is increase the column width, or decrease the font
size of text.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Adam D." wrote in message
I am trying to make a table with varying data in each of the cells. In some
rows, there is a greater/lesser amount of data adjacent to the cell I am
modifying, which causes Word to automatically adjust the length of the
adjacent cells, wasting precious space. Is there any way around this?

FYI: I am using Microsoft Office 2007: Home and Student Edition

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Marvalisa Marvalisa is offline

I had this same question and was hoping someone had an answer for me.
However, what I have discovered through trial and error is that it can be
done, but with some difficulty. If you split and merge cells serval times,
you will have adjacent columns with different row heights. For example,
split a cell into three rows, then merge two. Now you can adjust the row
height to get excactly the row size you want. You may discovered that
merging and spliting different cells the possibilities are endless, but it is
not user friendly. I hope this helps.

Marvalisa

"Adam D." wrote:

I am trying to make a table with varying data in each of the cells. In some
rows, there is a greater/lesser amount of data adjacent to the cell I am
modifying, which causes Word to automatically adjust the length of the
adjacent cells, wasting precious space. Is there any way around this?

FYI: I am using Microsoft Office 2007: Home and Student Edition

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Summer Summer is offline

You can go Table Properties Options UNCHECK "Automatically resize to fit
contents".
Hope this helps,