Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Bev Bev is offline

Default Borders

I'm crying with this Word 2007. What should have taken me 20-30 minutes took
me four hous last night. My productivity has crashed.

I create lots of forms for printing, not completing online. Not all rows
have the same number of columns. I never had a problem in any version of
Word until 2007. When I try to insert a bottom border in the last cell of a
row, Word puts a top border in every cell of the row below. If the row below
has one column and the row above has four columns, I am perplexed as to how
to insert bottom borders now.

How to I get a bottom border in the last cell of a row without having Word
2007 insert top borders in the cells of the row that follows?

I like this Word 2007 not.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Place the mouse cursor in the cell to which you want to apply the border,
right click with the mouse and select borders and shading, select Cell from
the "Apply to" pull down in the Preview section of the dialog and and then
click on the edge to which you want to apply the border in the
representation of the cell in that section of the dialog.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Bev" wrote in message
I'm crying with this Word 2007. What should have taken me 20-30 minutes
took
me four hous last night. My productivity has crashed.

I create lots of forms for printing, not completing online. Not all rows
have the same number of columns. I never had a problem in any version of
Word until 2007. When I try to insert a bottom border in the last cell of
row, Word puts a top border in every cell of the row below. If the row
below
has one column and the row above has four columns, I am perplexed as to
how
to insert bottom borders now.

How to I get a bottom border in the last cell of a row without having Word
2007 insert top borders in the cells of the row that follows?

I like this Word 2007 not.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Bev Bev is offline

Nope! Been three, done that. The problem occurs only on the last cell in a
row. When I try to add a bottom border to the last cell in the row, Word
2007 adds a top border to the entire row below.

I really do not like how Word 2007 does borders to tables. This is all
probably going to be moot soon because I am uninstalling this piece of
garbage and reinstalling Word 2003 then awaiting the release of Google Office
because whoever said they wanted these "features" in the new Word was insane.
I suspect that Microsoft could not incorporate what users REALLY wanted in
Word 2003 and came up with this travesty to give us something else to think
about.

Remember what happened to WordStar when WordPro got too cocky.

"Bev" wrote in message
I'm crying with this Word 2007. What should have taken me 20-30 minutes
took
me four hous last night. My productivity has crashed.

I create lots of forms for printing, not completing online. Not all rows
have the same number of columns. I never had a problem in any version of
Word until 2007. When I try to insert a bottom border in the last cell of
row, Word puts a top border in every cell of the row below. If the row
below
has one column and the row above has four columns, I am perplexed as to
how
to insert bottom borders now.

How to I get a bottom border in the last cell of a row without having Word
2007 insert top borders in the cells of the row that follows?

I like this Word 2007 not.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

It does not do that here and there is absolutely no change in the borders
and shading facility between Word 2003 and Word 2007 - once you get to the
dialog that is and the best way to do that is to select Borders and Shading
from the short cut menu that appears when you right click in the cell of the
table to which you want to apply the bottom border.

borders Sam Microsoft Word Help 1 November 4th 06 04:19 PM
Borders Rzanna Microsoft Word Help 2 January 20th 06 10:08 PM
Table borders gets thick when there's suppose to be no borders? RXNDNL Tables 1 January 7th 06 11:19 AM
3D borders Nash Page Layout 1 January 25th 05 04:21 PM
Why does page borders not appear in my borders and shading format. Mowgli Microsoft Word Help 4 January 11th 05 08:40 PM