Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
e oman e oman is offline

Default Calculate fields in a protected form

How Can I calculate fields in a protected form. I have an employee
evaluation in a Word2007 document using fields in a table. I have the "math"
entered in the table an a macro to "select all" and F9 to calculate the
scores BUT I want to protect the form so that only the ratings are entered by
the supervisor and they are unable to change the descriptions or weights. As
soon as I protect the form (allowing form fill-in) the macro becomes
unavailable. Also I am unable to "select all".
--
Ed O
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Ed,

Instead of using a macro, why not use each formfield's 'calculate on exit' property?

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"e oman" wrote in message ...
How Can I calculate fields in a protected form. I have an employee
evaluation in a Word2007 document using fields in a table. I have the "math"
entered in the table an a macro to "select all" and F9 to calculate the
scores BUT I want to protect the form so that only the ratings are entered by
the supervisor and they are unable to change the descriptions or weights. As
soon as I protect the form (allowing form fill-in) the macro becomes
unavailable. Also I am unable to "select all".
--
Ed O

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
e oman e oman is offline

Thanks! Yes that works. Unfortunately I did not use the legacy tools and
the new form fields do not support that option but I can go back and change
the forms. Thanks for your quick reply.
--
Ed O