Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Betsy Betsy is offline

Default Display Percentage sign in word table

I have a large table in word. Every item in every cell needs to have a
percentage sign after it.

How can I do this without entering one manually at the end of each number?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Henk57[_68_] Henk57[_68_] is offline

I don't think this is possible directly in Word. You may like to make
the table in Excel where it IS possible, but lacking details about your
table format this may not be sensible.

--
Henk57
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 12:48:05 -0700, Betsy
wrote:

I have a large table in word. Every item in every cell needs to have a
percentage sign after it.

How can I do this without entering one manually at the end of each number?

Word doesn't have any good way to do that. Excel does, though -- just
go to Format Cell and set it to Percentage. After entering the data
into Excel, copy the cells and paste them into Word, which will treat
the selection as a table.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Betsy Betsy is offline

I thought of this, however when you paste the table into Excel and change the
cell formats to Percentage, it changes the numbers. For example 90.91
changes to 9091.00% when you reformat the cell to percentage.

wrote:

I have a large table in word. Every item in every cell needs to have a
percentage sign after it.

How can I do this without entering one manually at the end of each number?

Word doesn't have any good way to do that. Excel does, though -- just
go to Format Cell and set it to Percentage. After entering the data
into Excel, copy the cells and paste them into Word, which will treat
the selection as a table.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Henk57[_69_] Henk57[_69_] is offline

If you have an existing table to convert, copy the table first with yr
current numbers to Excel. Then a second table, mimicking the first in
size and format, but with a formula where you divide the cell contents
of yr first cell by 100, and format as %. Copy the formulas to the
other cells. You can also apply a standard factor to the cell format.
Copy this converted table back into Word.

You may also use Find/replace in Word directly, if the cell numbers end
with a pilcrow. Select the table cells, and replace ^p (^p represents
the pilcrow) by %^p.

If the cells do not end w/ a pilcrow, for that matter, you can convert
the table to text, separating the cells by a paragraph mark (the
pilcrow), do the find/replace as above, and convert back to the table.
But this needs some forward thinking as also some existing pilcrows
maybe converted unintendedly. You may need some intermediary steps,
e.g. convert the pilcrows you dont want to convert to %+pilcrow into a
unique character, and reverse it afterward.

Hope this is not too complicated.

Henk

-
wrote:
-
I have a large table in word. Every item in every cell needs to have
percentage sign after it.

How can I do this without entering one manually at the end of each
number?-

Word doesn't have any good way to do that. Excel does, though -- just
go to Format Cell and set it to Percentage. After entering the data
into Excel, copy the cells and paste them into Word, which will treat
the selection as a table.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman