Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
jon jon is offline

Default How to sum cells in table automatically

Hi,
I have a table and it has 15 columns and 11 rows. This table has updated
numbers. I tried to use the auto sum and it works. The problem is when I
enter new data that I have to redo the auto sum steps again. Is there any
solution to make it updated automatically like in Excel?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

For calculations in table cells, Word makes use of formula fields. Note that
although you can't have Word update these fields automatically, you can
update them manually, for examply by selecting the whole document and
pressing F9.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Jon" wrote in message
Hi,
I have a table and it has 15 columns and 11 rows. This table has updated
numbers. I tried to use the auto sum and it works. The problem is when I
enter new data that I have to redo the auto sum steps again. Is there any
solution to make it updated automatically like in Excel?
Thanks

Putting Table of Contents into Table Cells Josh Craig Tables 7 June 12th 07 03:21 AM
want cells in a table to copy data from cells in another table Conrad D. Farner Tables 2 September 27th 06 04:21 PM
re-sizing table cells Bruno Tables 2 January 29th 06 09:23 PM
Table cells reproducing in XP Phippsy Tables 4 September 8th 05 06:17 PM
Protecting certain cells in a table HT New Users 1 September 2nd 05 06:37 AM