Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
emilberger emilberger is offline

Default word 2007 display tables

I have tables but cannot make them display as I did in the past. I need to
see teh lines so that I can edit the tables appearance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

In the Table Tools - Layout ribbon tab, the View Gridlines tool (2nd from
left) toggles table gridlines on/off. These are guides showing where the
cells are, but do not print.

In the Table Tools - Design ribbon tab, use the Borders tool to turn on
table borders that print.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"emilberger" wrote in message
I have tables but cannot make them display as I did in the past. I need to
see teh lines so that I can edit the tables appearance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
emilberger emilberger is offline

Thank-you for the help. I really odn't liek the new ribbons as I've not
added features but after 6 months still trying to make thnings work. I never
could find the tab as I did not knwo where to loo and much of the time it was
not there as I did not have the table highlited. I right-clicked on the
table but nother.

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

In the Table Tools - Layout ribbon tab, the View Gridlines tool (2nd from
left) toggles table gridlines on/off. These are guides showing where the
cells are, but do not print.

In the Table Tools - Design ribbon tab, use the Borders tool to turn on
table borders that print.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
Web: http://www.herbtyson.com

"emilberger" wrote in message
I have tables but cannot make them display as I did in the past. I need to
see teh lines so that I can edit the tables appearance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

The tabs I mentioned are available only if the insertion point is in a
table. In the 2nd case, this makes perfect sense, because it would apply to
a table.

In the first case, I agree that it should be available all the time. A
work-around is to right-click View Gridlines and add it to the Quick Access
Toolbar.